It is always disgusting to see mold growing in your household. And why wouldn’t you? Mold is an ugly sight and can pose a hazardous effect on your health and your family’s health. If you keep ignoring the growth of molds in your home, this could mean extensive property damage and costly repairs, not to mention serious health effects to those who are exposed. To prevent this from happening, you might be finding ways on how to remove mold. Let’s discuss this further.
What is the best product to kill mold?
For your home and your yard to be mold-free, keep in mind that investing in a good mold cleaner is a worthwhile decision. Here are the following best products that you can use to get rid of your mold problem:
- Bleach: Sodium hypochlorite, commonly known as regular household bleach, effectively demolishes mold and removes any discoloration that may leave your home. This chemical should be used with caution since it could be quite harsh and usually contains dangerous fumes, so it is preferably diluted with water when using and should never be combined with ammonia.
- Hydrogen peroxide: If you’re considering a less harsh product than bleach, then hydrogen peroxide may be your second option. This is also effective in killing mold and removing stains. It has bleaching effects similar to regular bleach, but it has no toxic fumes and residues. However, it takes a longer time to see the desired results.
- White vinegar: Since vinegar is acidic, it can effectively stop mold growth by breaking down its structure. It’s non-toxic; however, it may not remove the mold stains, and additional scrubbing is needed to clean it.
- Baking soda and borax: Both baking soda and borax have a high ph that may inhibit the growth and survival of mold. You may want to consider buying these products since they are affordable, non-toxic, and can easily be mixed with water.
- Detergents: Using a detergent solution and warm water, you can use it to clean all mold found on non-porous surfaces.
- Ammonia: Similar to bleach, ammonia can destroy mold that is found on hard surfaces such as countertops, glass, or tiles but may be useful in wood or drywall as these are porous materials.
A tip on using these products: it’s better not to rinse these cleaning solutions thoroughly when you use them since leaving a bit of the cleaner may help retard mold growth in the future.
Is there a fogger that kills mold?
Since the naked eye cannot see mold spores, cleaning the visible mold doesn’t mean that you’ve removed them. That’s why mold foggers are made to help get rid of this problem. It has a mold-killing mist that’s antimicrobial, and at the same time, it comes with an odor-controlling solution for mold remediation. The fogger produces the mist and coats the area with mold evenly. Fogging is an effective method offered by a mold removal expert.
What kills mold better bleach or vinegar?
Although both cleaning solutions can effectively kill mold, you can only see the effects of bleach on affected materials’ surfaces. It can’t penetrate porous surfaces so it doesn’t prevent the growth of mold in the future. Vinegar, on the other hand, works differently. Since it can penetrate surfaces, enabling them to kill the mold at the roots. There is a good chance that mold will not recur if you use vinegar to eliminate them.
How to remove mold permanently?
If you’re able to determine the build-up and causes of mold, then you need to know how to remove mold permanently so you can stop it from growing in the future. If you think your home has extensive mold growth that simple cleaning products can’t resolve, then calling a mold removal expert is your next best option.
Are you looking for Mold Removal Services in Madison, Wisconsin? Call Madison Mold Removal Experts today!
Are you looking for mold removal experts in Madison, Wisconsin? Madison Mold Removal Experts will visit your home and thoroughly inspect it to check for sources of mold build-up. We also provide services such as mold inspection, mold remediation, water damage, and waterproofing. Call us at (608) 373-2522!